5 Fashion Trends to Put Some “Spring” in Your Step

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Are you ready for warm weather and fewer layers? But you think your spring outfits are “so last year?” Naturally as girls, we are always looking for new ways to spice up our wardrobes, especially after a long three months of blistering cold and dark colors. After winter I love adding more and more subtle touches of color back into my outfits. However, it can be difficult to transition winter outfits to spring outfits. Her Campus WPUNJ found these five fun, playful, and unique spring trends for 2013 in stores now!

1. Printed Scarves – Sometimes adding one piece to an outfit can transform the entire look. Adding a vibrant, printed scarf can change an ordinary outfit to an extraordinary outfit!
  2. Bright Pants – Bright colored pants are the easiest way to make a statement with your clothes. Paired with other simple pieces, bright pants are perfect to dress up an outfit but also keep it from being too dramatic.
  3. Neon Accessories – Some girls, like me, are too shy or do not like wearing staple pieces of neon colors. So instead you could wear neutral colors and add a few subtle neon bracelets, shoes, or purses.
  4. Colored Nails – Another way to add subtle color into your everyday outfit is to paint your nails a bright color. It is an easy and inexpensive trend you can create yourself.
  5. Black and White Patterns – One of the best combinations is a black and white pattern and a neon color. This combination creates an amazing contrast in a stylish and sophisticated way. 
Lainie is a contributing writer for Her Campus WPUNJ.  She is currently a junior print journalism major. She hopes to one day travel the globe and share her experiences with the world via a blog or in magazine articles. She enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends and family, and surfing Tumblr for the latest memes. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"