Style > Beauty

5 Beauty Treatments You Should Try During This Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

1. Island Spa and Sauna

Jjimjilbang is a large gender-segregated public bathhouse originating from Korea. The bath house has multiple pools that offer multiple ranges of water temperature (anything ranging from hot to scalding to very cold) all in the name of opening your pores and giving you a deep cleanse. After the baths, Island Spa offers a great main area with lots of seating and different dry saunas offering different healing properties. 

P.S- Students currently pay only $22.00 for all-day admission Monday – Friday, so make sure to visit before finals!

2. Jersey Curl Salon 

Give your flat iron a break and quench your curls. Jersey Curl Salon is the best place to revive your curls after continuous use of damaging heat tools. For a reasonable price, you can choose between various different deep conditioning treatments and If you’re interested in cutting your curls they offer dry haircuts.

3. Haven Spa- Peach smoothie treatment 

Okay, when was the last time you really took care of your privates? Haven Spa in the SoHo has an incredible menu of many treatments but currently, the most buzz-worthy of them all is the peach smoothie, made for women who suffer from ingrown hair the treatment consist of cleansing, exfoliating scrub, acid peel and at last a mask all on the vulva. Beyond removing ingrown hair this treatment also helps on color correcting the skin due to the chemical peel.

4. Woodhouse Day Spa

This Day Spa is the perfect place to go after new years soirees. As soon as you check in they hand you a plush robe and equally comfortable slippers. Once changed from your ordinary clothes and into their robe and slippers you are shown to the main room where you will sit on plush quilted sofas and sip your choice of hot drink and wait for your appointment. The treatments available include everything from a simple massage to Vichy showers or tub soak- in.

5. Lure Lash- Eyelash lift and tinting 

If you’re like me then you can’t get enough of lashes, but often I found myself broke from all the lash extensions trips every two weeks and lets not even get started with the fallout. I simply didn’t know what to do, I tried learning how to apply false lashes on but it would often look funky and I would spend so much time gluing them on. Finally, I learned about a new process to make your real lashes look longer and darker called Lash Lift and Tinting. This procedure lasts triple the amount of time (4 to 8 weeks) then your average lash extension (2 weeks) and it also has a smaller price tag ($65.00). One thing you should be aware of this procedure works best with people who have a full lash line and would like to darken and lengthen their lashes.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"