This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Now that the semester is coming to a close, without any schoolwork, what is there left to do during winter break?  We think it’s the perfect time to lounge around and hangout with friends and family!  The girls at Her Campus WPUNJ will definitely be trying out these fun activities on our time off.  Here are our Top 10 things to do over winter break!

1.     Make a date with Netflix: Netflix has become everyone’s favorite companion for a lazy day in with a cup of hot cocoa.  Take advantage of your time off and curl up with a blanket and your Instant Queue!

2.     Take a day trip into NYC: With plenty of days off, why not take a trip to the Big Apple with your best friends!  You could go see the tree, the New Year’s Ball, see a Broadway play, go to a museum, or even spend some of your holiday money shopping! There are plenty of things to do in the big city!

3.     Finalize your classes for the spring semester: We all know that class registration time is one of the most stressful times of the academic year.  You may have easily been able to get all the classes you need, or like most of us, you could get stuck with all of your second choices.  Winter break is your last chance to receive permits and create your perfect schedule for next semester.

4.     Host an ugly Christmas sweater party: One of the biggest trends this holiday season is the ugly Christmas sweater party!  It’s a great way to turn a lame sweater into a fun get-together.  Send out invites to all your friends and family, and don’t forget to wear your ugliest sweater!

5.     Make a News Year’s resolution: As we approach the New Year, the ever-dreadful challenge of picking a News Year’s resolution is upon us.  Most years we make a resolution that may be very hard to keep. This year make sure yours is progressive but also achievable.

6.     Organize a secret Santa with your friends: The holiday season is the perfect time to show your loved ones how much you care. Take advantage of this opportunity to organize a secret Santa present exchange with your besties!

7.     Have a holiday movie marathon: With all this free time to lounge around and relax, what’s better than having your own holiday movie marathon?  Pop the popcorn, slip into your fuzzy Christmas socks, and get cozy!

8.     Stay up to date with all the Her Campus content: Although you’re away from campus, the National Her Campus girls will be hard at work writing and posting new content! Be sure to check up on the Her Campus web page to read all the new articles! And if you’ve missed any content from Her Campus WPUNJ, you’ll have plenty of time to catch up before we start up again in January!

9. Make a gingerbread house: The holiday season is the perfect time to cheat on your diet, and what better way to do it then to build, decorate, and eat your own gingerbread house?  Decorate with yummy icing and gumdrops to create and eat your adorable candy cottage!

10.  Experiment with new looks for the upcoming semester: Wouldn’t it be great to come back after winter break with a new look to show off all spring long?  Experiment with a haircut, outfits, and different make-up routines to shake up your everyday look and impress your friends when you get back!

11. Enjoy your favorite winter sports: With plenty of snowstorms to come, it’s the perfect time to participate in some winter activities like snowboarding, skiing, snow tubing or sledding.  Round up your friends and family, go to your favorite spot or resort, and enjoy the snow, even if it’s fake, up on the mountains!

12. Make a snowman: Have some old-school fun by gathering up your siblings and neighborhood friends like you did when you were young and making your very own Frosty! Your parents will be so proud! Make sure to post pictures for everyone to see!

Lainie is a contributing writer for Her Campus WPUNJ.  She is currently a junior print journalism major. She hopes to one day travel the globe and share her experiences with the world via a blog or in magazine articles. She enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends and family, and surfing Tumblr for the latest memes. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"