10 Things To Put On Your Trader Joe’s List This Fall 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I eagerly await the start of the fall season all year long. Not only do I absolutely love the weather, scenery, and autumn activities, but the seasonal food? Impossible not to fall in love with! 

Every year my family goes apple and pumpkin picking at a local family-owned farm. We get fresh Fall produce and seasonal classics like apple cider, pumpkin pie, and apple cider donuts.  They’re all so delicious! But… they’re also gone in less than a week and don’t have a very long shelf life. Plus, it’s sort of impractical to go to the market once a week to restock. 

So, when I crave staple fall foods with a little more shelf life and convenience, I find myself happily strolling the aisles of my local Trader Joe’s. Their seasonal fall items are my kryptonite because I love everything pumpkin and apple spice! Every year they bring back classics, and sometimes introduce new items. If you’re looking for what to put on your next Trade Joe’s list, here’s my top 10 must-try’s this fall: 

1. Gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes. I used to hate pancakes but these gluten-free pumpkin spice pancakes completely changed my mind…I crave these!
  2. Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix. I love to make pumpkin muffins with this mix. They come out moist and delicious!
  3. Pumpkin Overnight Oats. If you’re a fan of overnight oats I definitely recommend this pumpkin edition for your mornings.  
  4. Fall Harvest Salsa and Leaf-shaped Tortilla Chips. Alright, enough with the pumpkin spice… If you’re looking for a fall twist on a snack classic, these are a must! The multi-colored leaf-shaped tortillas are crispy with just-the-right-amount of salt. They pair beautifully with the Fall Harvest Salsa, featuring pumpkin, apples, and butternut squash. 
  5. Maple and Sea Salt Kettle Corn. Looking for a spooky movie night snack? Look no further! This seasonal kettle corn is a must-have for your next Halloween movie viewing. 
  6. Sweet and Savory (Lightly Spiced) Pumpkin Spread. Okay, I lied: there’s more pumpkin spice. This sweet and savory pumpkin spread pairs great with bread, crackers, and cheese… did someone say fall-inspired charcuterie board? 
  7. Gluten-free Pumpkin Bagels. Trader Joe’s back at it again with the gluten-free pumpkin goodies. I absolutely love their gluten-free pumpkin bagels topped with cream cheese and everything but the bagel seasoning. *chef’s kiss*
  8. Everything but the Leftovers Seasoning. Hear me out…. Turkey and mashed potatoes topped with this seasoning for a weeknight dinner… Thanksgiving came early this year!
  9. Apple Caramel Whole Milk Yogurt. If you’re a fan of caramel apples, you’ll love this tart twist on a fall fair classic. There’s a lot more caramel flavor than you’d expect… and it’s delightful!
  10. Thanksgiving Stuffing Seasoned Potato Chips. If you’re not in the mood to cook a Thanksgiving-inspired meal just yet, a handful of these chips offer a savory bit of the long-awaited holiday. 

I hope you add some of these recommendations to your Trader Joe’s list and enjoy them just as much as I do. Happy (Fall haul) shopping, everyone!

Check out @traderjoeslist on Instagram for even more TJ finds!

Isabel Medina