This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Happy fall ghouls and goblins! The air is crisp and the leaves are changing to beautiful red, orange, and yellow hues. Halloween decorations light up front yards and everything just feels right. Autumn truly is one of the best times of the year! If you’re looking for fun things to do to embrace the spooky season, I’ve got just the thing for you! Here are 10 spooktacular things to do:

1. Have a fall themed spa day. Light your favorite fall scented candles (mine is pumpkin spice), fill up your bathtub (extra points for using a red bath bomb), grab your favorite book and enjoy that well deserved R&R. Or treat yourself to a spooky inspired mani pedi at a nail salon. 
  1. Host a spooky movie night. Call up your besties and get ready for a spooky movie marathon. Some classics I recommend are the Halloweentown movies, The Nightmare before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, or– if you’re in for a big scare– Nightmare on Elm Street. I also recommend making it an all night affair: build a fort, make some yummy snacks, and enjoy a spooky sleepover with your favorite people. 
  1. Go apple or pumpkin picking. Throw on your favorite flannel and get your camera ready to take candid shots of a fall favorite: apple and pumpkin picking. Go to a local farm or orchard to pick some fresh apples and plum pumpkins. Not only will you have a blast, but you’ll definitely get some gram worth shots along the way! You can even bake some delicious apple or pumpkin pies at the end of the day. This classic is sure to kick off a fantastic fall season. 
  1. Have a pumpkin carving or painting contest. Once you’ve picked your pumpkin, sit down and have a pumpkin carving or painting contest! Winner gets bragging rights, of course. Once you’re done with your spooky creation you can roast the seeds to eat while enjoying the victory of having the spookiest pumpkin on the block. 
  1. Go to a haunted house. Hope you have a healthy heart… because you’ll be in for a scare! Creep down the dark corridor fearing what will pop out next. BOO! This classic spooky season activity is sure to get you in the spookiest of moods!
  1. Go shopping for fall foods. Foodies rejoice. Go to your local farmers market or grocery store to scope out fall food finds. I love to hit up Trader Joes to stock up on all their seasonal fall items. It’s super fun and super refreshing to (pumpkin) spice up your grocery haul. 
  1. Have a fall picnic. Grab a friend, a blanket, and take some of the fall foods you bought on your grocery trip in a basket to the nearest park. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of colorful leaves falling, breathe in the crisp air, and indulge in yummy fall foods. 
  1. Thrift a Halloween costume. Grab a friend and visit a thrift store for a fun and inexpensive way to put together a Halloween costume. This is a great way to ensure you have a unique costume! You might even find some hidden gems in your search! 
  1. Host a bonfire. Call up your friends and family for a cozy bonfire. You can roast some s’mores, tell spooky stories, and enjoy the company of your loved ones. This activity is sure to keep you in a spooky mood. 
  1. Make an edible haunted house. Who said gingerbread houses were only for Christmas? Nonsense! Pick up an edible haunted house house kit– or make your own! Get creative with your edible spooky masterpiece! 

I hope you all find some time to embrace this fall season with at least one spooky activity. You won’t regret it!

Isabel Medina