Who Is Beanie Feldstein?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Image from @BeanieFeldstein on Instagram

Beanie Feldstein. It’s a name you’ve probably heard sometime in the past year. But it might be hard to name exactly where you’ve heard it. The short answer is Beanie Feldstein is a young actress whose career took off in 2017. Not only did she make her Broadway debut in the Tony-award winning revival of Hello, Dolly!, but she also had a scene stealing role in the critical darling, Lady Bird. However, Beanie Feldstein is more than just a young actress on the rise. Here’s a look at all of the roles she plays.

She’s Jonah Hill’s little sister.

While it might be hard to tell from their differing surnames, Jonah Hill is in fact Beanie Feldstein’s older brother! There’s a 10-year age difference between the siblings, but according to an interview with the AOL build series, the two are still pretty close! 

She’s got some good friends.

Every star needs a squad and Feldstein has one for sure. She counts Pitch Perfect star and Tony Winner Ben Platt as one of her best friends and is also close with her Lady Bird co-stars Saoirse Ronan, Timothée Chalamet, and Lucas Hedges. 

She’s a role model.

Late last year, Feldstein penned an essay for Refinery29 entitled, “Please Stop Complimenting Me On My Body.” The powerful essay touched on topics such as body image and self-esteem, and offered words of inspiration to young women (and even young men). Her articulate words prove that not only is she a fantastic actress, but she is also an incredibly intelligent and well-spoken young woman. 

She’s racking up all of the roles.

Post Hello, Dolly! and Lady Bird, Feldstein has already scored some big roles. She is starring alongside Whitney Cummings in the film The Female Brain and just landed a role in an FX pilot entitled What We Do In the Shadows. 

She’s totally relatable.

As if being a star on the rise wasn’t enough, Feldstein comes off as totally relatable. She is passionate about her love of cupcakes. She wore her prom dress to this year’s SAG Awards. She also is not afraid to geek out about stuff. Check out the videos below to hear what she has to say about her encounters with Zac Efron and Dumbledore. 

Thumbnail Image from @BeanieFeldstein on Instagram 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.