What to Wear on St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is almost here, so pull all the green pieces you have, and put together an outfit worthy of that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Here are three looks to provide you with some St. Patty’s Day inspiration!

Girly

For a girly holiday look, sweet silhouettes and delicate details (such as small cutouts, eyelets, frills) are key. Go full on green by mixing and matching multiple shades, such as emerald and mint or lime and forest green. Aren’t in the holiday spirit but still don’t want to get pinched for not wearing green? Simply incorporate a single green item from your closet into your outfit—whether it be a jewelry piece, a scarf, or a blouse underneath a sweater.

Tomboy Chic

Not into the whole girly girl vibe? No problem. This holiday works for every style. If you can’t find a single green piece in your closet, look again, because you probably own a utility jacket. Even though it’s not an in-your-face-green, it still counts, and don’t be afraid to use it as a neutral for day-to-day wear. On St. Patty’s Day, though, make it stand out! You can create an effortlessly chic look by pairing a simple army green jacket with a striped tee and a skater skirt. By mixing masculine and feminine elements, casual takes on a whole new meaning.

Preppy

Emerald is an amazing color to wear if you’re going for a preppy look, and colorblocking is essential! An easy way to make your outfit preppier is to add a collared shirt or blouse under your sweater. This makes the look a bit more polished, and is another way that you can incorporate green into your outfit. Pair this with a bold pair of pants, a stack of gold arm candy, and a simple pair of smoking slippers, and you’ve got the perfect St. Patrick’s Day outfit!

Whether you’re going girly, tomboy chic, or preppy, don’t forget to wear green this Monday, March 17th! Watch the video here!

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter