Things I enjoy about William and Mary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Welcome to the swamp Class of 2025! We are all so excited for you to join us here next year. As the famous saying goes, “If you come here, you belong here.” While you’re here, take advantage of everything W&M has to offer! Here are some of my favorite things to get or do on and off campus as a student.

1. Going to see the animals in Colonial Williamsburg in the Spring. Honestly one of my favorite things to do when I’m bored or stressed is to take a five minute walk into CW to see all the adorable animals! Currently we have cows, horses, and lambs! The horses and lambs love to be petted by humans. 

2. Getting a nice drink at Aromas. Aromas has multiple locations on and off campus, both inside the library and next to Sadler, the main dining hall. For all my coffee lovers, this is for you! You can use your dining dollars to get any kind of coffee, tea, smoothie, or food that either location has to offer. My new favorite addiction is getting a strawberry smoothie in the afternoon on weekdays. You can also go to the off-campus location, but they don’t take dining dollars.

3. Going to the beach on weekends! College Creek or the James River Beach is a five to ten minute drive away from campus, and it’s a great way to spend a long weekend or just to go and relocate to do homework. If you don’t have a car on campus, you can rent a zipcar!

This is just a taste of what William and Mary has to offer! There’s always something going on during the weekends, whether it’s an event put on by student organizations or the College itself. Feel free to take a day to explore campus and see what you can find!

Major: History/Government Other Involvements: Phi Mu social sorority, Academic Calendar Advisory Committee, Student Leadership Foundation Hobbies: creating dream fashion Pinterest boards, painting canvases, cooking and baking delicious dishes