Style Spotlight: Taelor Salmon ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Major:  Economics

How do you define your style? Very urban, but not so much of a hipster style. Lots of baggy jeans, leotards, leggings, crop tops, and boots. I like wearing things that compliment my assets, but are simultaneously comfortable. Heels, on the other hand, can be as uncomfortable as they need to be- as long as they’re high and cute!

Celebrity Style Icon? Karrueche Tran

Upcoming Winter Fashion Style: I’m seeking a more conservative look this winter, simply because I’m getting older and more mature. So probably the usual leather boots, knee-high knit socks, vests, sweaters, scarves, sometimes sheer tights depending on the outfit, and lots and lots of hats :) Oh and don’t forget the lipstick and accessories.

Most Embarrassing Fashion Moment: Hmm… probably that time in elementary school where I wore jeans with an American flag painted on them, and a sheer sparkly shirt from Limited Too that was ALSO an American flag print. Very patriot it that day…and no, it wasn’t the 4th.

Where do you get your fashion inspiration? Different outfits I pick up on in the magazines or that I see in streets. If I like an item someone is wearing, I try to find a similar item in a store and pair it up with something fitting to my mood or style frame. I think fashion inspiration comes from within most of the time, and what you think you LOOK and FEEL best in.

Favorite Store(s): American Apparel. H&M. Steve Madden. Nordstrom.