The Six Things You Hear on Every W&M Campus Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Image from Flickr 

1. The Legend of the Crim Dell Bridge

Image from Wikimedia Commons 

Whether it’s true or not, one thing’s certain – none of us are willing to risk getting anywhere near that bridge.

2. We have a Cheese Club!

Image from Giphy

Ah yes, the most iconic club on campus – the Cheese Shop Club. This is the one club that never fails to be mentioned on every tour. Are they buying the official W&M tour plug with Swiss cheese bribes? Something has to be going on beneath the surface here.

3. Thomas Jefferson went here (and Tyler, and Monroe)!

Image from Giphy

Cue parent nudging their future gov major and whispering “That could be you!”

4. *Allow us to subtly stand in the lobby of Tucker while saying nothing about the English major, because this is the one aesthetic staircase on campus*

Image from Giphy

This tactical move will be sure to reel in students who were on the fence about the lack of attractive stairs in the other academic buildings. And if you’re unfortunate enough to have a class in Tucker 111, parents will definitely be peering through the glass as you try to focus on your exam.

5. The food here is great!

Image from Giphy

The dining hall food has definitely improved, but I think we all know that this statement is a bit of a stretch. I’ll give this one to the tour guides, granted they only live off of Cosi bread.

6. I love it here!

Despite some of the exaggerations you find on every William & Mary tour, this is one recurrent statement that can be said without the slightest bit of hesitation. Everyone who goes here, belongs here, and in spite of the downsides to our swamp, we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Thumbnail Image from Flickr 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.