Read, Watch, Listen: September 22, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Here is the rundown of all things entertainment for the week!

Read:

• Moxie by Jennifer MathieuMoxie, a YA novel released on September 19, follows the story of high school student Vivian Carter as she leads a feminist revolution at her small Texas high school. Touching on themes such as girl power and female friendships, Moxie seems to be the perfect read for collegiettes that want to celebrate sisterhood! Bonus: Amy Poehler has given this book a glowing review!

Watch:

• Will and Grace—In case you missed it, NBC’s classic sitcom Will and Grace is coming back for a ninth season on September 28. This season will feature way cool guest stars like Ben Platt, Andrew Rannells, and Jane Lynch. If you want to check out the new episodes, but need a refresher on/never watched the original, you’re in luck! The NBC app and Hulu made all episodes from the original eight seasons available for streaming on September 21. So put off that homework and hunker down for a mega-bingewatching session.

Listen:

Disclaimer: This week’s music selections are devoted to two awesome Broadway cast recordings!

• Spongebob Squarepants: The New Musical cast recording–Yes, that’s right, everyone’s favorite childhood cartoon has been turned into an original musical. With songs written by Panic! At the Disco, Aerosmith, and the Plain White T’s, among others, the music is sure to be eclectic. The cast recording can currently be streamed on NPR.
  • Sunday in the Park with George 2017 cast recording—Jake Gyllenhaal starred in this critically acclaimed revival of Stephen Sondheim’s classic musical. While the show closed back in the spring, the music lives on through the cast recording. Who knew Jake Gyllenhaal had such an amazing voice?!?!? The 2017 Sunday in the Park with George cast recording can be streamed online starting September 22. 

Main image source 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.