Rain Boots for the Trendy Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

I’m sick and tired of traipsing around our puddle-abundant campus with cold, wet feet. After spending nearly two decades in Williamsburg without owning a single pair of rain boots, I’m caving, taking the plunge into a world of shiny colored rubber to protect my toes from the torrential spring which is about to ensue.

When it comes to matters of style, it’s safe to say that I’m adequately picky- I know what I like. Unfortunately for my feet, tacky rubber boots don’t quite fit the bill (I have no interest in looking like a human version of Paddington Bear) so my challenge has been finding weather-proof footwear that is both tasteful and functional. These are my top five picks for fabulous spring rain boots!

1. Women’s Classic Knee High Rain Boot in Cicely Leaf Green or Coral ($25, Target) While I’m personally searching for a pair of boots that are more neutral, I couldn’t resist putting these in my top five- They come in two of this spring’s most popular colors, and with a $25 price point, they’re a total steal!
  2. Sperry Top Sider Pelican Boots in Navy Stripe (39.99, 6pm.com) Sperry is known for their beautifully crafted, comfortable boat shoes for the prepster in all of us. These aren’t far off that mark- the navy and blue stripes are the perfect match for any girl hoping to bring a little pop to her rainy day ensemble.
  3. LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Rossalyn II ($79, Macy’s) These gorgeous tartan patterned boots have a classic elegance that’s sure to transform any rainy day ensemble from drab to fab!
  4. Sam Edelman Ximon in Navy ($84.55, Shoes.com) For the colegiette who forges her own path, these boots showcase a row of buttons that give them a unique edginess and distinct military vibe.
  5. Hunter Regent Apsley in Chocolate or Black   ($192.99, Zappos.com) With lovely tweed detail, these sophisticated equestrian style boots make stomping around in mud puddles look totally fashion forward! Despite the higher price point, Hunter quality is unparalleled.

Surprisingly enough, my quest for the perfect pair of boots has taught me that there are a lot of options out there for collegiettes like me. At the end of the day, it’s all about finding a pair of boots that puts pep in your step, even on the yuckiest of days.

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter