Profile: Nic Querolo ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: Nic Querolo

Year: Senior

Major(s): Finance and Japanese

Hometown: Reston, VA

Activities on Campus: Global Film Festival, Mattachine Research Project, Haven Volunteer, Rowing Team

Describe yourself in 3 words: Fun, Funky, Fresh

What would you consider your defining moment at William & Mary? The time a movie star bought me a double shot of Patron at a GFF after-party

What will you miss most about William & Mary after you graduate? I’ve always enjoyed the small secrets at William & Mary. Forgotten histories of rooms or buildings are fascinating to me, and easy to learn if you talk to the people who have been here long enough. I think I’ll miss that the most.

What are the most challenging and rewarding aspects of being the Events & Logistics Director for the W&M Global Film Festival? I think for the Film Festival in particular, the challenges and rewards overlap significantly. We put on a massive multi-day film festival in the span of a few weeks of planning, and as frustrating as that can be from a logistical standpoint, it always amazes me how well it comes together.

If you could bring any film, director or actor to the W&M Global Film Festival what/who would it be and why? I’ve lobbied for my favorite director, Xavier Dolan, in the past. He is an incredibly talented and very young Canadian director, and I think he’s great at creating memorable characters.

Describe your dream job after graduation: I have no idea! As long as I’m using some of the skills I learned through classes and extracurriculars, am in a nice area and can afford to live I think I’ll be happy. I think my dream job will come a little ways after graduation, so I’m happy to just see where I end up for now. 

Kayla Sharpe is a sophomore at the College of William & Mary majoring in Film & Media Studies with a minor in American Studies. She loves journalism, Broadway, and is a huge fan of video games.