How to Have a Healthy Girl’s Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Who doesn’t like a night in with your best friends?  If your are going to have a girls night in and talk about any number of pressing female issues… serious or not – a girls night in doesn’t necessarily have to be a caloric intake you regret the next day. Now, I am not saying to not have a snack while you watch a movie of your celebrity crush with your friends but here are some health alternatives to the typical “go to” party foods and drinks.

The Replacements:

1. Chips and Dip with – Pita and Hummus

Same price range and so much healthier. Try Stacy’s simply Naked Pita Chips with your choice of hummus! You will cut down on fat, and carbs.

2. Cookies or Brownies with – Pistachio Chocolate Pudding

There is always room for desert – try eating pudding instead of cookies or brownies. It is only 150 calories per serving compared to your standard brownie which is (235 calories). Add a little flavor and crunch with pistachio’s or another one of your favorites (walnuts, almonds). 

3. Skinny girl Margaritas – with Margaritas

If you drink with your friends (of age of course) then purchase a healthy alternative choice made by Real housewives of NY Bethenny Frankel’s new line of skinny girl pre-made drinks! One serving is 37 calories and zero grams of fat! Not a bad alternative to what typically is a 253 calorie drink.

4. Dominos Pizza with -DiGiorno Harvest Wheat Thin Crispy Crust Pizza

DiGiorno pizza serves five and is the perfect alternative to fast food pizza. A standard piece of pizza from Dominions or another chain vendor is around 430-460 calories for plain cheese. DiGiorno is only 250 calories and comes with veggies and pepperoni toppings.

With a special toast to your next girls night,

Tess DeAtley 

I'm a fashion-obsessed Business major at William and Mary.   I'm currently studying abroad at the London College of Fashion!  I am the President of HC W&M!  I love the ocean, working out, and extreme couponing.  This summer I interned with Marie Claire in NYC-- my dream internship!   Get to know me more on my fashion/style blog, "All Dolled Up"--->  www.dylanmaureen.blogspot.com