Her Campus William and Mary Hosts the 1st Annual Intercollegiette Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

We would like to extend a big “thank you” to everyone who attended our 1st annual Intercollegiette Conference!  We hosted visiting Her Campus branches from James Madison University, University of Virginia, Virginia Commonweath University, and George Mason University!  It was a fabulous party with over 50 girls passionate about Her Campus!

The event began with lots of bubbly introductions and an afternoon Her Campus photo shoot by the College of William and Mary’s historic Crim Dell Bridge.  

We then hosted an informational panel and Q&A session with four speakers, which included Windsor Hanger, C0-Founder, President and Publisher at Her Campus.  Windsor was joined by three other young business women including Caitlin Elizabeth, Carrie Adams, and Jen Garrott.  The panel spoke about issues faced as a career-minded woman, how they found success, and tips for young collegiettes (and college-gentlemen) who are looking to follow their passions in their professional pursuits.  

Following the panel, we had a wonderful dinner at The Crust, where the restaurant actually created a perky pink drink called the “Collegiette” just for us.  Following dinner we had a mixer, complete with a chocolate fountain, lots of food, and even more dancing.  Check out the video below for some of the dances we learned, thanks to our stunna DJ. 

[pagebreak]

[pagebreak]

I'm a fashion-obsessed Business major at William and Mary.   I'm currently studying abroad at the London College of Fashion!  I am the President of HC W&M!  I love the ocean, working out, and extreme couponing.  This summer I interned with Marie Claire in NYC-- my dream internship!   Get to know me more on my fashion/style blog, "All Dolled Up"--->  www.dylanmaureen.blogspot.com