This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Halloween is not only for dressing up in scary costumes or for watching horror movies. It is also a great time to experiment with different nail designs. If you are getting tired of the same old colors or the French manicure, then try any of these Pinterest inspired nail ideas!

Photo Credit

White and orange polka dots are a fun way to get into the Halloween mood. Start off with a coat of black polish. I chose Formula X from Sephora because it is quick drying and it covers well. To make the polka dots, you don’t need any special tools. You can easily make them with a simple, fine paintbrush by carefully forming small circles.

Photo Credit

Pumpkins are a Halloween staple and are a great idea for a nail design. Apply two coats of orange polish and once that dries, paint black (or brown) stripes. To the base of your nails, paint the stem by using any green color of your choice. To make a jack-o-lantern on the accent nail, first use an orange base and a green stem, then use a small, fine paintbrush to carefully make the triangular eyes and mouth.

Photo Credit

Ghosts are another cute, spooky addition to your nails for Halloween. For this look, paint four nails with a coat of black and once it dries, then use a layer of white and black speckles for a sparking, glittery effect. Then, for the accent nail, use two or three coats of white polish and a fine paintbrush to make the ghost’s eyes and mouth.

Photo Credit

Purple and green are great witchy colors for Halloween, and the best part is that this design is very simple, yet just as effective. All you have to do is apply two or three coats of any green polish of your choice (although lime green works best), and paint stripes going in any direction with the purple polish. If you want your purple to be vibrant, I would recommend using a different purple for this look because this brand will dry dark.

Sierra is a junior who is majoring in English. She is a huge grammar nerd with an endless love for the written word and for the complexities of the English language.