Get To Know Our Staff: Ethan Brown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name:Ethan Brown

Year:2021

Hometown:Manassas, VA

Prospective Major(s):    Economics with a minor in Applied Mathematics

Activities on Campus: Opinions Editor at the Flat Hat, International Relations Club, Tour Guide @ the Office of Undergraduate Admission, Tribe TutorZone, Peer Scholarship Adviser @ the Charles Center

Describe Yourself in Three Words: Intense, Passionate, Sassy

Go-To Aroma’s Order: Large black iced coffee

Favorite Book: Middlesex, but also my Central and East European Politics textbook because I’m a dork

Favorite Movie: Call Me By Your Name

Hobbies:Baking, traveling, and taking long walks around the ‘burg

Career Goals: To have a job that (a) keeps me busy and (b) requires lots of public speaking and time management

What is one thing on your bucket list? Live abroad.

What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you? I played varsity tennis in high school and was undefeated my freshman year!

Describe your perfect day in Williamsburg: Work, class, grabbing dinner with friends, working at the Flat Hat, and watching the stars at Lake Matoaka

Favorite Restaurant in the ‘Burg: Nawab 

Your favorite memory from your time here: Spring Blowout, because I got to spend time with my favorite people AND pet my government professor’s beautiful golden retrievers in class

What is your favorite thing about William and Mary? Everyone puts so much passion into everything they do, whether it’s in their personal or academic life

If you were President of the College for a day, what would you do? Make the campus go meat-less, vegetarian and vegan options only!

Ethan is a sophomore at the College of William & Mary studying economics, math, and government. He is also the opinions editor of the Flat Hat, the College's unofficial student-run newspaper.