This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

If you’re still suffering from post-election blues or are stressed out by upcoming finals, it’s a good time to sit back and have a laugh. My favorite thing to do when I am in need of a laugh is to read a funny book by a comedian. The great thing about many books by comedians is that they are simply a collection of essays, which makes it easy to simply pick up the book whenever you have a few minutes to spare. So if you have 15 minutes, pick up one of these books and get reading!

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Source

This is one of my favorite books of all time. Tina Fey delivers the laughs while also giving you advice on how to live your best life. Anecdotes range from stories about her childhood to crazy stories about her time at SNL. This book is great to read if you need a laugh or motivation to be the awesome lady that you are.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Source

I would be remiss if I left Amy Poehler’s book off of this list. While similar to Bossypants in that it is hilarious and inspiring, it takes a different turn. Many of the anecdotes focus on how you can find success in your failures, which is a great lesson to learn as you reflect upon your semester.

I Know I Am, But What Are You? by Samantha Bee

Source

Samantha Bee made a name for herself as the only woman in the late night comedy fray this season. Her take on American politics resonated with many people, including many young women. If you enjoy her take on Full Frontal, check out some of her earlier work.  

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? and Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling

Source

Either of Mindy Kaling’s books are a fantastic choice if you are in need of a laugh. While her essays cover a wide range of topics, many of them focus on college and post-grad life. Many young women can relate to the concerns Mindy has about life, men, and fashion—among other things—and it’s nice to know that a successful woman shares the same concerns as you. Pick up one of these fun books and forget about your organic chemistry final for a while.

You’ll Grow Out of It by Jessi Klein

Source

You might not be familiar with her name, but you are probably familiar with her work. Jessi Klein has worked as a writer on SNL and currently serves as a writer and executive producer on Inside Amy Schumer. If you ever feel like you are too weird or too different, her book serves as reminder to hold on to what makes you unique, because everything will eventually get better. Equally hilarious and heartwarming, pick up this book!

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick

Source

Anna Kendrick has made the world laugh on Twitter and in the Pitch Perfect films.  I expect this book will do the same. It came out earlier this week and has received many positive reviews. I can’t wait to pick it up and read it over Thanksgiving break!

thumbnail source

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.