Campus Cutie: Ana Roa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Hometown? Barranquilla, Colombia

Year? Senior, 2015

Major? Government

Relationship status? Single

Fun Fact?  I am a Certified Zumba instructor (I’m also from the same hometown as Shakira and Sofia Vergara)

What do you look for in a guy?

Someone who is kind to others, fun to hang out with and smart. A+ if they try to speak Spanish, they don’t even have to be good

How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Wish I could

Coffee or tea? Coffee! Costa Rican—just kidding, Colombian! ;)

Favorite fashion trend? Anything comfortable, but I really like the booties that are in style right now

Biggest turn-off in a guy? Bad table manners!

Favorite quote? “I think there’s a reason for optimism—at least for personal optimism. I don’t know if the world is going to survive, but I’m going to go as long as my heart beats.” –Lee Stringer

Favorite city in the world? London. It has everything; it’s so lively and has such a good mix of culture and fun and food. I don’t even mind the weather!

Ideal first date? A concert or a soccer or basketball match. It’s just more fun than a typical dinner and a movie, and if your team wins then it’s the perfect date!

If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?  I would make traveling more accessible so distances wouldn’t matter as much. So many of my friends and family are not in the U.S. and scattered all over the world, it would make spending time with those we care about so much easier