Campus Celebrity: Sam Dreith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: Sam Dreith

Year: Junior

Major(s): Economics with an English minor.

Hometown: Richmond, Va. but born in Denver, Co.

Activities on Campus: Variety Editor at the Flat Hat, Social Chair for Alpha Kappa Psi, the professional business fraternity, and waving at people who I mistake for acquaintances around campus and quickly turning the wave into a comb-through- the-hair motion even though they already saw me obviously waving at them.

Describe yourself in 3 words: Rambunctious, outdoorsy, and fergalicious.

What would you consider your defining moment at William & Mary?

I was able to host a video in which I interviewed dogs for a legitimate journalistic publication (s/o, Flat Hat). I quickly realized that I would never be able to mold two of my greatest passions into one shining moment ever again. The peak of my entire career was thus during my Sophomore year of college.

What was the most exciting thing you did this summer?

Though trapped in the desolate, land-locked wasteland of Ohio, I did manage to squeeze one or two exciting activities into my summer. I managed to watch the entire new season of Bojack Horseman in one day [hold for applause].

What’s been your favorite class at the College and why?

Though I’ve taken a multitude of fascinating English classes at the College, my favorite class ever has been Economics 101: Intro to Microeconomics with Katie Lopresti. First semester of my freshman year, I took Econ 101 for a GER. However, I quickly learned how exciting and interesting economics can be and decided to pursue It as a major. It quickly went from being a complete last minute add-on to my schedule to the course that would anchor my time at the College.

What is the secret to the perfect man bun?

If I told you, I’d have to kill you.

If you were President of the College for one day what would you do?

I would get rid of all booths across campus. Booths are inconvenient hindrances on mankind and progress in general. I’d install more tables with chairs instead.

If you could give one gift to the entire student body what would it be and why?

A well-worn flannel so that no waist is unadorned.

Kayla Sharpe is a sophomore at the College of William & Mary majoring in Film & Media Studies with a minor in American Studies. She loves journalism, Broadway, and is a huge fan of video games.