Campus Celebrity: Eboni Brown ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: Eboni Brown

Hometown: Hopewell, Virginia

Major: Government and Africana Studies

Social class: 2017!!!!!!

Describe yourself in three words: Funny, passionate, driven.

What are you involved in on campus? On campus I am involved in orientation as an Orientation Aide, where I help to recruit and select new OAs. I also work in the undergraduate admission office as a Multicultural Recruitment Intern where I work to get more students of color interested in William and Mary and hopefully apply. I also have been in Student Assembly since my freshman year, and I have many different positions. This year I am the secretary of the senate, Chair of the Senate Finance committee and a Senator for the Class of 2017.

If you had to pick one favorite thing about W&M, what would it be? The people. I love how close I have gotten to people I have met here. The friends I have met here have been my support system and without them, I don’t know where I would be.

What’s your favorite tradition here at the college? One of my favorite traditions at William and Mary is convocation. That kicks off the freshman experience and for me it was the physical incarnation of “Tribe Pride for me”. From the hi-fives to the hugs, I really loved being surrounded and supported by all of my family here at William and Mary.

If you had to start a new tradition at the college, what would it be? One new tradition I would like to start is actually in our campaign. I would love to start the expansion of I AM W&M week so that it is a once month event covering the many facets of diversity. This would allow diversity to be on there forefront of everyone’s minds and help to make a more inclusive campus community.

What is one memory of college you wish you could relive? If I could relive one college memory it would be move in day. The day was filled with stress and excitement, and for me it marked a huge transition in  my life. It was that day that I became a member of the Tribe and it was that day that I truly fell in love with William and Mary.

What is something most people don’t know about you? I am huge fan of wrestling, in particular WWE. Yes, I know its fake lol. But I really enjoy it and watch at least twice a week.

What TV show character do you most identify with? Taystee from Orange is the New Black. She is like the life of the party at all times and her name is Taystee!!! You can’t get better than that.

Any words of advice/inspiration for your fellow TWAMPs? Take life one day at a time. It is so important to just focus on whats around and to live in the now. Don’t worry about what is to come, live for what is happening now.

Dana Florczak is an English major at the College of William and Mary, with aspirations of being the boss when she grows up. She loves talking about herself in the third person.