Big’s Guide to Clue Week: 10 Activities for Your Little

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

With everything else going on during the school year, it can take more time than you have to come up with ideas to make your Little’s clue week memorable. Below are 10 fun and simple activities you can find in Williamsburg that are sure to keep your little having a blast. These are also great things to try with a friend when you have some free time!

1. Picnic in the Gardens

Take advantage of the beautiful spots on campus and send your little for a picnic on the Sunken Gardens or by the Governor’s Mansion.  Get her her favorite snack or lunch and have your friends tell her some fun facts about you.

2. Kayaking on Lake Matoaka

Send your little for a peaceful boat ride. The Matoaka Boathouse is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 3-5 and Saturday and Sunday 2-5 until the end of October. Kayaks and canoes are free with your student id.

http://www.wm.edu/as/kinesiology/activityprogram/boathouse/index.php

3. Scavenger Hunt in CW

Step back into the 18th century as you take a stroll down Duke of Gloucester (DOG) Street in Colonial Williamsburg. Take a picture in the stocks, with a colonial actor or by a horse-drawn carriage. You can also go on a cider run, visit the apothecary shop, or get some fresh fruit if the Farmer’s Market is there. 

4. Manicures/Tie Dye Shirts

Pay for your little to get a manicure, or get one of your artsy friends to paint her nails something fun. Another creative idea is tie-dying or decorating T-Shirts in sorority colors. This is another really fun group clue that can be easily organized, and you can never have enough lettered shirts!

5. Yoga/Dance Class

There are a variety of fitness classes offered at the Rec (free with a fitness wellness card) for only $5 including yoga, cardio hip hop, body pump, spinning, pilates, body combat and more. This is a great clue to send you little on with some of your sisters. You can also treat her to a massage and end the clue with a smoothie.

http://www.wm.edu/offices/wellness/campusrec/fitness/groupfitness/Fall2014_GroupFitSched.pdf

6. Serenade the Little

Every girl loves being sung to. Have a friend sing her your favorite song (or hers if you know it!)- If you know someone who plays the guitar it’s double the fun. You can also have an acapella group, sports team, or just a group of friends sing, and make it a group clue.

7. Ghost Tour

The Original Ghosts of Williamsburg offers a ghost tour every night at 8 in which your little will be guided through the streets of Colonial Williamsburg as they learn the eerie folklore of one of America’s oldest towns. Tickets are $12 a person and $11 for groups over 20. 

http://www.theghosttour.com/

8. Flower Hour

A Flower Hour is a great way for your little to meet a group of your friends without too much pressure. Have your little sit at a table (with a vase you made and left in her basket), and send your friends one or two at a time for about 5 minutes each, making sure she is never alone. This gives your little enough time to learn a fun fact but also not wait too long in case it gets awkward. You can even switch up the flowers for something else—for example, popsicle sticks with words of advice or different sample desserts.

9. Yankee Candle

Besides finding delightfully scented candles, Yankee Candle offers activities in which your little can make her own candle with sand or even get a wax mold of her hand. With many colors to choose from, you can even mold your hands flashing your sorority symbols in the relevant colors. Yankee Candle is located at 2200 Richmond Road and you can call for more details at (757) 258-1002.

10. Mini Golf

Pirates Cove, Williamsburg’s premier miniature golf course, offers their Captain’s Course and Blackbeard’s Challenge golf courses for only $8.95. Open every day from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. this is a great option for a group clue. 

http://www.piratescove.net/williamsburg