The Best Places to Buy Christmas Presents in Williamsburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

It is finally that time of year – garlands and wreaths decorate lampposts and windows, Christmas music chimes from speakers in dorm rooms and coffee shops alike, students buzz about in a frenzy of exam stress and holiday spirit. This time of year the pressure to find the perfect gift can often outweigh the general spirit of the season. However, lucky for William and Mary students, Williamsburg offers a plethora of gift opportunities waiting to be discovered. Search no more for the perfect place for presents.

The Cheese Shop– known by William and Mary students for its delectable sandwiches and incomparable house dressing, the Cheese Shop is the ideal place to find the perfect gift for anyone who likes to entertain (or snack.) The shop is stocked from floor to ceiling with a variety of appetizers, snacks, and delicious treats. Gather an assortment of crackers, dips, sauces, and my personal favorite Belgian chocolate dipped oreos for a present that is sure to be a hit with anyone with an appreciation for food.

Ocean Palm and Closet Envy– while these shops primarily sell things that aren’t exactly aimed at someone with a college student budget (i.e. no money) there are many pieces in both of these stores that are both inexpensive and excellent gifts. Ocean Palm has a variety of sorority themed cups, white boards, and the like, which make perfect gifts for a Big or a Little. The store also has a variety of Lilly Pulitzer themed trinkets and jewelry that would make meaningful but wallet-friendly gifts. Closet Envy, while geared for the more adult crowd of the tourist population, also often has good sales on jewelry and trinkets that would please any gift recipient.

The Outlets– what better place to get easy and affordable Christmas gifts than the Williamsburg outlets. From Kate Spade to Nike, the Outlets are a one-stop option for an array of crowd-pleasing and varied gifts. Find a friend with access to a car or hop on the bus and head over to the Outlets for gifts that are a little less “Williamsburg.”

Everything Williamsburg for anyone with a historically obsessed relative (or one familiar with the American Girl doll Felicity,) Everything Williamsburg is an excellent option. Pick up a Colonial Williamsburg t-shirt, a tri-cornered hat, or a bonnet and put a bit of history under the Christmas tree.

The Campus Shop or the William and Mary Bookstore– have a future tribe member, a W&M alum or a generally hard to please gift-recipient? There is no way to go wrong with a classic William and Mary shirt, hat, or other piece of paraphernalia.

The Toymaker of Williamsburg– great for the kid or the kid at heart, The Toymaker offers a variety of colonial themed and traditional toys for a range of interests. The shop is a no brainer for the Christmas season.

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter