8 Tips for Registering for Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the semester: registering for classes! TWAMPs love duking it out for the last spot in a class no matter what the cost. So, follow these tips to be sure you don’t end up with three 8ams and no classes required for your major.

1.     Wait until the minute before registration starts to check for holds on your account. If anything is going to prevent you from signing up for classes, it should be that $2.50 charge for printing your paper in Swem.

2.     If you’re a freshman, make sure you don’t get your PIN number from your advisor. Then, it’s their fault when you can’t register! Win win!

3.     Put off taking GER courses as long as possible. The best way to spend your second semester of senior year is taking freshmen intro classes you totally forgot you had to take.

4.     Take every single class with the guy you started dating last week. You two will probably get married and not get sick of each other at all. If you don’t follow any other tip, this is the most important one!!!!!

5.     Make your schedule, and then don’t choose any back up classes. Second choices are for peasants only.

6.     Do all of your preparation the morning of registration. The best time to choose classes is when you are grumpy, incoherent, and crunched for time.

7.     Only take classes with professors that have a “chili pepper” rating on Rate My Professor. Good looks=good brains. Always.

8.     Get as stressed as possible. If you don’t into the classes you want, it IS the end of the world. Overrides are a myth. The professors here are never understanding. Seriously, your life is over.

Jenna Davis is a sophomore at the College of William & Mary studying government and sarcasm.