7 Reasons the World Doesn’t Completely Stink!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Even in a world dominated by negative news, because unfortunately there are a lot of bad things happening, there are a lot of positive trends making global standards of life a lot better that we can be grateful for!

1. In 1960, 1 out of every 5 children died before they reached adulthood.  In 2015, that number had dropped to 4.3%

2. The number of deaths from malaria has dropped in half over the past fifteen years.

3. Literacy rates are increasing across the globe!

4. Deaths due to natural disasters are drastically down

5. The amount of war-related deaths has dropped drastically since 1945

6. Global undernourishment is on a downward trend

7. Over the past 25 years, 2.6 billion people in the world have received access to better cleaner water sources.

Cover image source 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.