Even in a world dominated by negative news, because unfortunately there are a lot of bad things happening, there are a lot of positive trends making global standards of life a lot better that we can be grateful for!
1. In 1960, 1 out of every 5 children died before they reached adulthood. In 2015, that number had dropped to 4.3%
2. The number of deaths from malaria has dropped in half over the past fifteen years.
3. Literacy rates are increasing across the globe!
4. Deaths due to natural disasters are drastically down
5. The amount of war-related deaths has dropped drastically since 1945
6. Global undernourishment is on a downward trend
7. Over the past 25 years, 2.6 billion people in the world have received access to better cleaner water sources.