This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Here in Williamsburg, the chill of fall is finally in the air. You actually have to wear a jacket in the mornings and evenings. You can see the steam coming off your morning cup of coffee as you trek to your 8 AM. While this means that we are just about halfway through the semester, it also means that it is time to break out the best of fall fashion. Here are some key pieces to keep you looking trendy on campus!

1. Riding Boots 

They are insanely comfortable to wear around campus and they make everything look dressy, even if you are just rocking a classic jeans and tee combo.

Image Source

2. Patterned scarf

It’s not time to break out the knitwear yet, but it is time to invest in a simple scarf to keep you warm in the mornings but cool in the afternoon. Try picking one in a fun pattern that reflects your personality.

Image Source

3. Chokers

This summer’s hottest jewelry trend is continuing into fall. Try making is seasonally appropriate, and incorporate textures such as velvet or lace.

Image Source

4. Cold Shoulder

This applies to dresses and tops. It’s a great way to show off what’s left of your summer tan, while also dressing for the fluctuating temperatures. It’s a trend to rock in early fall since it can be difficult to cover exposed arms as it gets colder.

Image Source

5. Bright Colors

Pink and Yellow specifically! Whether you go bold, neon, or pastel, try to incorporate bright pops of color with your jeans or classic dress. Or, if you’re feeling bold, mix the colors together.

Image Source

6. Hoodies

Yes you read that right! According to Elle magazine, hoodies are on trend for fall 2016. So break out your hoodie on that morning when you are just too tired to dress to the nines.

Image Source

7. Nail Polish

If you want to make a small fashion statement try mixing up your nail polish. Bold colors are in this fall, specifically mustard yellow, burgundy, deep orange, and navy blue.

Image Source

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.