5 Ways to Celebrate the Start of November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

For me, November is the beginning of something exciting. It may already be fall, but now leaves cover the ground, the Christmas season is upon us, and everyone is looking forward to a delicious Thanksgiving meal. So why not celebrate? Here are 5 ways to ring in the month of November.

1. Eat and drink pumpkin everything. After stepping in from the cold, you’ll definitely want a warm drink to wrap your numb hands around. When you eventually finish eating all of your Halloween candy, it’s time to enjoy some home-baked pumpkin pie, finally try the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, or experiment with a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate. Also check out some other great fall recipes
  2. Check out the fall clothing at retail stores. Retailers have had fall clothing out for a while now, but they’re just starting to stock winter coats, leathergloves, and chunky sweaters. I recommend checking out Target for fall accessories (especially hats!), and hunting through TJ Maxx and Marshall’s for one-of-a-kind finds and bargains.
  3. Update your wardrobe and makeup for fall. It’s getting really cold outside, so you’ll need thick crochet sweaters, colored corduroys, and tall boots. Stock up on some warm infinity scarves and definitely don’t forget about gloves! Hats are a great option that not many people realize can be fashionable, so go shop around for cloches, fedoras, or beanies. You can also start wearing fall inspired makeup and dark nail polish. Sweep those plums on your lids and cheeks, and grab that dark red lipstick you’ve been dying to wear!
  4. Cuddle up in fuzzy socks and a blanket. With the temperature steadily decreasing outside, you might want to cuddle up in your bed with a fluffy blanket, your reindeer Christmas socks (don’t deny it, everybody has a pair), and a good book to get lost in. If you’re not a big reader, check out the fall TV lineup, featuring Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Glee, Once Upon a Time, and tons of other hits!
  5. Take advantage of the picturesque scenery outside. You’ll want to look back on your college years and remember what good times you had. So bundle up and meet your friends to snap pictures outside in front of the fall foliage. Play in the leaves and sit on the benches sharing funny Thanksgiving stories. You won’t want to forget these delightful times, especially when the leaves are changing. In a blink, the trees will be bare and you might regret not going out and staring at all of the beautiful autumn colors around you.

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter