This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Break out your boots and sweaters, W&M collegiettes, because fall is here! With the end of summer come the new trends for autumn. Here are some tips on what to wear this fall in Williamsburg!

Trend # 1: The Cat Eye

(photo credit: Harper’s Bazaar)

The ever-classic cat eye was seen all over the runways and the red carpet a la Amanda Seyfried this season. Just line your eyes with black liquid or gel liner and flick the liner upwards like you are continuing the path of your lower lash line. You can make this versatile look subdued for class or bold for a night out! Try applying Maybelline’s Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner with Sonia Kashuk’s Bent Eyeliner Brush. The angled brush handle makes it easier to see while lining your eyes.

Trend #2: Oxblood Lips

(photo credit: Pressure Magazine)

The traditional light red staple is going dark for fall! Tougher than your average lipstick, this look is perfect for a night out. To tone down the color a little, apply your lipstick straight from the tube, blot with a tissue, and repeat again. Keep the rest of your makeup simple so the focus stays on your lips. Line your eyes with a tad of black liner, swipe on some mascara, and you’re ready to go! Try L’Oreal Paris’ Color Riche Lipstick in Spiced Cider for a new look.

Trend #3: Natural Beauty

(photo credit: Marie Claire)

Good news for all TWAMPs with 8 AMs! As seen on the runways of Theysken’s Theory, the minimal look is in this fall. Just slather on some BB Cream, apply a layer of mascara, and swipe on a tinted lip balm and you’re good to go! Garnier’s Skin Renew BB Cream is a great choice. It comes in two shades, Light/Medium, and Medium/Deep, and is ultra moisturizing.

From a bold dark lip to a subtle cat eye, don’t be afraid to try a new trend this fall! 

Phoebe is a senior at W&M double majoring in economics and classical civilization. When not writing articles, she can be found streaming Netflix, watching her beloved Washington Wizards, and finding ways to procrastinate on things that actually need to get done.