10 Things that Lasted Longer than HiddleSwift’s Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

I personally was devastated when the relationship between Tom Hiddleston and Taylor Swift ended after just three short months. Reportedly, Swift ended the relationship for being more public than she wanted. Who can blame her? She has come under fire for many public relationships in the past, especially when they make it into her music. Unfortunately, her romance with Hiddleston was particularly short.

Without further ado, here are 10 things that took longer than it took for HiddleSwift to break up:

1. Me counting out exact change when I bought tea at Aroma’s last Wednesday night.

2. Trying to get from Morton to Ewell in less than ten minutes. Or Small and Blow. Or the business school and Tucker…

3. A work order to be received and processed. I still have a broken floor tile.

4. Waiting for an omelet at Sadler on the Weekends.

5. Watching ANY movie for class, especially if you’re watching it in Swem.

6. Watching Gone with the Wind – it has an intermission for God’s sake!

7. Replacing a tube of mascara. Does it really expire?

8. Any game of Monopoly ever. It gets brutal.

9. Finishing a whole cake by yourself. Not that I’ve done this, of course.

10. A family of five going through airport security. Seriously, that’s a ton of shoes.

All jokes aside, I hope all the best for Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston in the future, together or apart. Some people have theorized that the relationship was actually a showmance for Taylor Swift to use as a commentary on her relationships in the media, but I think Swift and Hiddleston were just having a summer fling. Now that Hiddleston’s single though, where can I get his number?

Image and Thumbnail Source

Abby is a current senior at William & Mary majoring in English and minoring in French. She plans to attend law school after college. When she isn't in class, she can be found knitting, drinking coffee way too late at night and trying to play frisbee.