This Year’s Headliners of the Summerfest Music Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The Summerfest Music Festival is known for being the world’s largest music festival (as of a 1999 world record), and it takes place less than two hours away from campus in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. With 11 stages and performances spanning 11 days, Summerfest brings Henry Maier Festival Park to life each summer.

One thing that sets the festival apart from others is the wide range of music genres. From hip-hop to country to alternative music, it attracts almost 1 million people each year. This year, in celebration of its 50th anniversary, the lineup is said to be better than ever. Here are some of the headliners for Summerfest 2017:

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Performing June 28th, the Red Hot Chili Peppers are an American alternative, punk rock band formed in 1983. With long-term success, two of their most popular songs include “Californiacation” and “Under the Bridge.”

(photo source)

Luke Bryan

Performing June 29th, Thomas Luther “Luke” Bryan is a country singer and songwriter. He started his career writing songs about his high school friends and later signed with Capitol Nashville in Tennessee. One of his most popular songs is “Play It Again.” Luke Bryan’s a veteran to the Summerfest stages, so he’s sure to put on an amazing show.

(photo source)

Zac Brown Band

Performing July 1st, Zac Brown Band is a country music group based in Atlanta, Georgia. They have eight members. Two of their hit songs include “Chicken Fried” and “Knee Deep (feat. Jimmy Buffet).” No better way to ring in July than jamming with Zac Brown Band!

(photo source)

P!nk

Performing July 2nd, P!nk is a pop singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress — this woman is an all around entertainer. One of her most popular throwback songs is “Just Give Me a Reason.”

(photo source)

The Chainsmokers

Performing July 4th, the Chainsmokers are an American DJ/producer duo consisted of Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall. The EDM-pop duo achieved success with their 2014 song “#Selfie,” a song we all wish we could forget. More recently, they released their hit song “Closer,” a song none of us could ever forget. If you missed the opportunity to see them at Revelry a few years back, don’t miss out this summer! 

(photo source)

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Performing July 5th and 6th, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are one of America’s finest rock & roll bands ever, combining the ringing guitars of the Byrds with the rhythmic drive of the Rolling Stones. Lucky for you, there are two opportunities to see them live! Two of their hit songs include “American Girl” and “Mary Jane’s Last Dance.”

(photo source)

Dierks Bentley

Performing July 7th, Dierks Bentley, who grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, got his inspiration for country music on his own by listening to old records. One of his hit songs is titled “Drunk on a Plane.”

(photo source)

Future, Big Sean and Migos

Performing July 8th, Future, Big Sean, and Migos are getting together for perhaps one of the biggest performances in hip-hop since Tupac’s hologram performance at Coachella. Get yourself pumped for this night by bumping to one of Future’s most popular songs, “Mask Off,” one of Big Sean’s most popular songs, “Bounce Back,” and one of Migos’ most popular songs, “Bad and Boujee (feat. Lil Uzi Vert).”

(photo source)

Bob Dylan and His Band, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell

Performing July 9th, Bob Dylan, Sheryl Crow, and Jason Isbell are getting together for the closing night of Summerfest. They all have quite different music styles, from folk-rock to county. One of Bob Dylan’s most popular songs is “Like a Rolling Stone,” one of Sheryl Crow’s most popular songs is “All I Wanna Do,” and one of Jason Isbell’s most popular songs is “Cover Me Up.”

(photo source)

These artists are performing at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater, the biggest stage at the festival. Flume, The Shins, Atmosphere, Walk The Moon, and many others are performing at other stages around the grounds. Here’s the entire lineup. With over 800 acts, you are sure to find a few artists you like. If you have the chance, go enjoy the Summerfest Music Festival along the lakefront in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Ana Hoff

Wisconsin

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!