Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Working on Campus as Told by 2 Broke Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Having a job on campus is practically a requirement for anyone who doesn’t have an infinite amount of money (aka everyone in college). Whether it’s working as a janitor, a waitress, or a tutor, everyone has to pay their dues somehow. While balancing life as a part-time employee and a full-time student can a pain in the butt, it also has its perks. I’m just starting to get the hang of it, but there are definitely people who have a little more experience with the struggles than I do.

When it’s time to stop pretending and get to work

When you’re deciding whether the money is even worth it…

…but you need the funds to go to college

When your crush sees you in your unflattering work uniform

When you need a job to get killer references for the competitive job market you’ll have to face in the future

When juggling everything becomes too much

When you realize that you’re not the only one in this position

When you get some pretty cool coworkers (and some pretty great friends) …

…who make work seem a little less exhausting

When you know all the chaos will be worth it in the end

If there’s one thing that the cast of 2 Broke Girls taught me (and hopefully you as well), it’s that there’s no shame in providing for yourself. You can totally still have an amazing college experience even if you’re working, so have fun and party on… unless you have an early morning shift!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!