Why Your Friends From Home Will Always be Your Besties, as told by Bridesmaids

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Sometimes the hardest part about going off to college is being separated from your lifelong best friends. But no matter where you live or go to school, here are a few reasons why your friends from home will always be your number ones. 

You’ve known them forever

You know them just as well as you know yourself. Chances are you grew up together.  Your homes are their homes and vice versa.  Your relationship is so strong it’s scary. 

They’re loyal…which makes you secretly jealous of their other friends

With the many years of friendship comes loyalty.  This means you may become a little territorial when another girl tries to move in on your bestie.  They don’t know her like you do.  But that’s ok, because she feels the same way about you.

They don’t judge you

You’ve shared some pretty embarrassing moments together.  You survived those awkward middle school years.  You still live to talk (or not talk) about it.  We’re talking more embarrassing than just a drunk night out.  If I told you her secrets, I’d have to kill you.

They always know how to have a good time

You guys have been partying together since the early 2000s.  Your CapriSun may now be spiked, but you guys always know how to have a good time.  You can’t wait for Thanksgiving until you two are reunited.

They always have your back

Even on a bad day, you can always count on your friends from home to be there.  They know just what to say to make you feel better and realize how truly great you are.  

They understand you

They’ve known you for so long that they understand your weird quirks and can tell you when you’re being crazy.  Plus you actually listen to them when they tell you you’re being ridiculous (well, most of the time).  

They’re your reality check

When you’re down on yourself you can always count on them to tell you how it really is.  While it’s sometimes a little rough, this is how you get through the day and have stayed friends for this long.

And even though time and distance may separate you…

You know that they’ll always be there for you

Cheers to our friends of 10+ years!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!