Why the “Other Girls” Men Compare You to Are Better Than Any Men

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Brad: “I just haven’t connected with other girls before.”

John: “You are so much more interesting than other girls.”

Eric: “Other girls don’t even compare to you.”

Chase: “You’re just different from other girls.”

Aren’t you honored to hear that? Like, wow. You’ve just undoubtedly been wooed. You’re falling into their arms before they even finish their sentence, right? But wait — you aren’t. Instead, you scoff because you love those “other girls.”

Those “other girls” remind you that there is more to life than Chad with the spiky hair. They remind you of your accomplishments in school, the successful relationships you have with your family and the joy of laughing every day; you remember all these things all because of them.

Those “other girls” know your favorite ice cream flavor, and they know the unspoken rule of getting the gallon over the pint. They’ll surprise you with a vegan wrap and a kombucha when you’re on your health kick; but they’ll also treat you with a Big Mac and an Oreo McFlurry when you cave (and they know exactly when that will be). Surfer boy Jason with the blue eyes still has to ask if you take cream in your coffee or if you prefer choking down bitter bean water. Come on Jason.

Those “other girls” will call you and make time fly by as you talk. They put a genuine smile on your face. Obviously, this is much more effective than frat boy maybe-his-name-is-Mason’s “a smile looks good on you! You should do it more often ;) ;)” comment.

Those “other girls” recognize your worth as an individual, not as an erroneous subject of comparison. Next time someone expects you to feel flattered by a phrase that simultaneously degrades the people you love the most in your life, respond accordingly.

You: “Damn, it’s too bad I love those ‘other girls’ much more than I could ever love you.”