Why Chip and Joanna Gaines are Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The world we live in is filled with iconic couples. From Jack and Rose, Michelle and Barack, Chuck and Blair, to Brangelina (RIP), Allie and Noah, Ellen and Portia, there are relationship goals everywhere. But there is one couple who takes the crown: Chip and Joanna Gaines. HGTV’s most lovable dynamic duo changes lives by taking run-down ugly houses and turning them into beautiful dream-homes, all while being #relationshipgoals. Here are *a few* of the many reasons we love Chip and Joanna!

1. They’ve somehow managed to master working together while being married.

2. Chip is always doing something crazy, and it never fails to make Joanna (and us!) laugh.

I mean, c’mon! How can you not love this guy?

Just in case you still haven’t gotten my point.

And one more just ‘cause.

3. They can be totally honest with each other.

4. They respect and value each other’s work.

5. And they accept each other’s flaws.

6. They aren’t afraid to take a bullet for each other.

7. Their love is the real deal.

Basically, screw Romeo and Juliet, just give me a love like Chip and Joanna Gaines!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!