This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Many celebrities are known for making outrageous statements, usually causing controversy in the process, and who better demonstrates this than Kanye West and Donald Trump.  Between Kanye always talking about how he’s “the greatest” and comparable to God himself and Trump making questionable remarks throughout his Presidential campaign, they’ve both made some bold and obnoxious comments throughout the years!

Read on to see if you can guess who said it: Kanye or Donald Trump?

1.    “My Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.”

2.    “I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.”

3.    “I represent what people can’t say.”

4.     “I’m usually at my best politically incorrect and direct.”

5.     “I can’t help it that I’m a celebrity. What am I going to do, hide under a stone?”

6.    “Nothing wrong with ego.”

7.     “Come on now!  How could you be me and want to be someone else?”

8.     “Part of the beauty of me is that I am very rich.”

9.     “I’m like a vessel, and God has chosen me to be the voice and the connector.”

10.   “My brand became more famous as I became more famous, and more opportunities presented themselves.”

Let’s see if you got it right… 

1.    Donald Trump:  “My Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.”

2.    Kanye: “I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.”

3.    Kanye: “I represent what people can’t say.” 

4.    Kanye: “I’m usually at my best politically incorrect and direct.”

5.    Trump: “I can’t help it that I’m a celebrity. What am I going to do, hide under a stone?”

6.    Trump: “Nothing wrong with ego.”

7.    Kanye: “Come on now!  How could you be me and want to be someone else?”

8.    Trump: “Part of the beauty of me is that I am very rich.”

9.    Kanye: “I’m like a vessel, and God has chosen me to be the voice and the connector.”

10.   Trump:  “My brand became more famous as I became more famous, and more opportunities presented themselves.”

Kanye West and Donald Trump are quite frankly (and somewhat terrifyingly) very similar.  They’re both outspoken, have an impressive sense of self-confidence and aren’t afraid to speak their minds.  All we can hope is that Kanye doesn’t become TOO much like Donald Trump…

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!