Which UW Library Best Suits Your Study Style?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

There are 41 libraries on UW-Madison’s campus, and finding the perfect one to study at can be a real struggle. Each library is suited for different kinds of homework and for a variety of work environments. Luckily, we’re here to help you decide which library you should hit up, depending on the work you have to accomplish.

1. Memorial Library

If you need to be super productive, barricade yourself in one of the cages. It’s so easy to get studying done when there is no one around (or any cell service available) to distract you.

2. College Library

If you have some light reading that needs to get done but also a little room to be social, head to College library. However, you will most likely see everyone you know there, so prepare to get distracted.

(photo source)

3. Memorial Union

Although it’s not a library, the Union is a great place to get work done. It can get pretty loud so be sure to bring along a pair of headphones.

(photo source)

4. Law Library

For intense focus, head to the law library. It’s a motivating atmosphere when you’re surrounded by hard-working law students.

(photo source)

5. Historical Society

For a beautiful environment, head to the historical society library. With massive white columns made almost entirely out of marble, the historical society has the best vibes for a Friday afternoon study session.

(photo source)

6. Steenbock Library

This library is a great place to focus and avoid most distractions. It’s pretty unlikely to run into people you know at Steenbock, which makes it a great place to get stuff done.

(photo source)

As finals week approaches, think of what you have to get done and hit these campus study spots based on your workload!​

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!