What Your Fall Coffee Order Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Arguably the most festive and longed-for season, it is no surprise that fall offers exceptional seasonal coffee drinks as well. From classic to innovative, from sweet to spice-a-licious, baristas unite to bring the elements of fall into one’s caffeinated beverage. Each drink has a story, and the drink that someone orders divulges one’s own personality.  

Pumpkin Spice Latte

You are classic and a traditionalist. Some may even refer to you as a “basic white girl”, but is there anything wrong with that? Your favorite fall activities include journeying to all of the pumpkin patches in your area, apple picking, and delving deep into the Bath and Body Works’ fall scents section. 

Salted Caramel Mocha

You are level-headed, but you have a bit of an edgy side as well. Chocolate is a prerequisite in your life, and you love fall nights in with friends. You are a fantastic listener and chances are you are a bit of an introvert. You are creative and dream of roaming the streets of a big city. 

Toasted Graham Latte

There is nothing more enjoyable for you than campfires, s’mores, and being social. Frankly, you probably love graham crackers and Hershey bars more than anything, and your sweet tooth is enviable. 

Salted Caramel Latte

Your focus is on the frothy milk with the decadent sweetness of the caramel. You radiate positivity and might be a little bit Type A. You like to get things done, but never rush. You are a perfectionist. Yet, at the end of the day, there is nothing you love more than wrapping yourself in a blanket and relaxing with a New York Times Bestseller. 

Gingerbread Latte

Let’s be honest, Christmas is life in your opinion. For you, Halloween is just a stepping-stone toward Christmas. You could not care less about pumpkins, salted caramel variations, or s’mores. Fall festivities leave you snapping your fingers, tapping your feet, and counting down the days before it is socially acceptable to give/get Christmas gifts and play in the snow.

To have fall without a signature coffee beverage would perhaps be the greatest crime of all. Each drink reveals tidbits of your personality, so drink with pride!              

My name is Caroline Szachnowski and I am a writer for the Her Campus University of Wisconsin chapter. I am a junior majoring in creative writing and international studies with the aspiration to be a professional writer and/or editor post graduation. My hobbies other than writing include learning and speaking foreign languages, traveling, reading, frequent shopping binges, going to the beach whenever possible, volunteering, and drinking way too much coffee.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!