photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

What to Wear: Thanksgiving Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Aside from deciding which piece of pie to have first (pumpkin or apple, I never know), the most difficult decision on Thanksgiving can be choosing what to wear on this day of feasting. On the one hand, you want to wear a cute and classy outfit so that you can confidently say to your extended family “Why yes, I am completely on top of my life right now” and “You’re right Aunt Beth, I have no idea why I don’t have a boyfriend.” However, you want to be comfortable enough to gorge as much as you want. There is a time and a place for high-waisted skinny jeans and a crop top, and Thanksgiving isn’t one of them. 

Here are some styles that will keep you both cute and comfortable this Thanksgiving

Shift Dress

Shift dresses are the epitome of effortlessly chic. They are flowy enough to keep you comfy without making you look like you’re wearing a bag. They also look good with basically everything—tall or short boots, heels or flats, tights or leggings, scarf or statement necklace—it’s impossible to go wrong when accessorizing with a shift dress.

Poncho sweater

The poncho sweater is a more stylish and sophisticated step up from your typical over-sized sweater. It gives you all the room and warmth you desire without the bulky look. Pair it with leggings or jeans and some booties to perfect this comfy-cool look.  

Boyfriend Jeans Both casual and chic, boyfriends jeans are perfect for curling up on the couch after a delicious meal to watch some football. Dress to impress by pairing them them with a simple sweater and some sassy shoes.

Follow these style tips so you can look cute and confident as you say, “pass the turkey.” Happy Thanksgiving Badgers! 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!