What to Wear: Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Yes! It’s finally starting to feel like spring at UW-Madison. In just over a month finals will be over and summer will begin; visits to picnic point, days turning into nights at the Terrace, and eating Babcock ice cream on Bascom will soon be our realities. But what are we to wear? Here are some trends to inspire your spring and summer shopping.

Bold Stripes and Polka Dots

Stripes and dots were seen all over the runways of Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger and more. Safe to say this look will be seen from all over Madison’s streets in the upcoming months.

Electric Colors and Exotic Prints

Swap out your usual spring florals and pastels for bolder colors and louder prints. The 2013 runways were painted with bright colors and the trend can be seen almost everywhere.

Leather and Lace

Good news! Those lace shorts you purchased last spring are still trending a year later, and don’t be too quick to move your leather items to the back of your closet.

Nasty Gal Fresh Bloom Blazer Topshop Crop Doily Lace Top Vertical Striped Shorts Blue Faceted Jewel Necklace Steve Madden Oxfords

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com