This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We all have our favorite Instagram bloggers and influencers, and let’s be honest, we can stalk their feeds for hours on end. As an avid reader and storyteller, I’m always searching for book recommendations. One of my favorite Instagram pages is Reese Witherspoon’s book club (@reesesbookclubxhellosunshine).

Every month, Reese begins promoting a new book she’s selected and adored. Not to mention, the page is the perfect aesthetic for a bookworm like me. Over winter break, I finally had the time to immerse myself in reading for fun instead of school, and I ended up reading 15 books within the month. A number of those came from Reese’s recommendations, and those were my favorites by far of all the ones I read. They are high-quality books with a great storyline. Here are some of my favorites …

The Alice Network, by Kate Quinn

Goodreads rating: 4.2 / 5

This book definitely makes my list of all-time favorites. I’m not usually a historical fiction buff, so I wasn’t expecting to like this read as much as I did! The book is about a network of female spies used in World War I and II, but it combines those stories with a modern story of a woman looking for her long-lost cousin. You’ll get sucked in quickly, just like I did!

Little Fires Everywhere, by Celeste Ng

Goodreads rating: 4.1 / 5

This story takes place in Shaker Heights, Ohio, where the author grew up which helps the location of the story seem more real, more intense and rawer. This book tears apart the “perfect” facade of suburban living, and while it seems like that narrative is overdone, Celeste Ng finds a new voice and story to present. I definitely say this book is a must-read. P.S. Kerry Washington, Reese Witherspoon, and Hulu announced recently that they are teaming up to create a series based off of Little Fires Everywhere, so read it before that is launched!

Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows, by Balli Kaur Jaswal​

Goodreads Rating: 3.9 / 5

This book is about a young Punbaji woman figuring out how to balance the differing expectations of all her identities — English, Indian, Feminist, Independent, Family-Oriented, Intelligent, Unemployed… It isn’t until Nikki agrees to teach a writing workshop to Punjabi widows that she realizes these women are just as conflicted and complex as she is, and it’s the world around them that is trying to label them as one thing: unimportant. This book is a great mix of mysterious, funny and sexy.

I also read Reese’s recommendations, The Other Woman and Still Lives, which don’t make my “Favorite Books Ever” list but were still great reads. Next on my list is Where the Crawdads Sing. I read all these books for free by using the online library system Linkcat and getting my books sent directly to the Madison Public Library Central for me to pick-up — if you don’t take advantage of your local library, you really should!

UW-Madison • Journalism: Double-tracking Reporting and Strategic Communications with a Certificate in Digital Studies