This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Quarantine has been a mix of emotions for millions of people around the world. After all, life as we know it has come to a complete and upsetting halt. In order to help cope with all these new changes, I have found myself trying to keep busy as much as possible. Therefore, I decided to catch up on all the wonderful TV shows and movies that didn’t seem to fit into my schedule when I was on campus. Among the many hours of being stuck inside, I have come across some new favorites that make the seemingly endless days go by just a little bit quicker. 

Tiger King

I’m sure that by now you have seen, or at least heard of, the latest docu-series on Netflix starring the infamous Joe Exotic. Going into this series, I had no idea what to expect. I saw how popular it was becoming on social media, so I thought I should try watching it myself. However, from the very first episode, Joe’s eccentric personality and passion for tigers made it hard to look away. With each new episode comes another layer to the twisted story of how Joe ends up behind bars. I highly recommend taking some time to watch Tiger King; you will not regret it.

Fleabag

Fleabag is a title that was repeated over and over during this year’s Golden Globes, and for a good reason. I finally took the time to sit down and watch this Amazon Original series; it was easily one of the best choices since quarantine started. This show had me laughing out loud from the very second it began, quickly becoming one of my all time favorites. Phoebe Waller-Bridge does a remarkable job of intriguing the audience through every witty line as the protagonist Fleabag. In fact, she even writes the whole show. There are currently only two short seasons, however this British comedy will leave you both laughing and crying throughout every single minute.

Ozark

My friends and family have been trying to get me to watch Ozark for a while now. I’m so glad I finally started this series. Although I haven’t finished the three seasons yet, I have been hooked since the moment it started, having a difficult time closing my laptop each night. The series follows a family involved in a money laundering scheme for a Mexican drug cartel. I can promise you that you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. Plus, from what I’ve heard, it gets even better as the seasons progress.

Westworld

I’m surprised I’ve enjoyed watching the HBO series Westworld as much as I have. I was a little hesitant when the show started, knowing that I didn’t have much prior interest in cowboys or western films. However, this show presents a western world with a very modern twist. Imagine you can pay money to take a break from society in a virtual western experience, surrounded by extremely realistic robots guiding your journey. This craziness is exactly what happens in Westworld, and I think it is definitely worth a watch.

Love is Blind

What would a month trapped inside be without some cheesy reality television to help pass the time? As a fan of The Bachelor, I was super excited to hear about this new blind dating show on Netflix. Love is Blind has the perfect amount of drama and eye-opening moments at the same time. Although the episodes start to drag on, the message behind the show is actually pretty meaningful for our society today. It shows how two people can fall in love without having seen each other, emphasizing the idea that true love is for qualities on the inside, not the outside. It was interesting to watch the different relationships develop throughout the show and see who actually ends up together in the finale. Love is Blind is a great show to watch during quarantine. 

Although quarantine has been, without a doubt, very stressful, there are many ways to make sure the upcoming days are filled with positivity. Try watching some of these great shows with your family, or even with friends over Facetime. Eventually, we will all get through this, but the least we can do for now is make the most out of every moment.

Maddie Bergstrom

Wisconsin '23

Maddie Bergstrom is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Journalism and Psychology. She enjoys movie nights, listening to music, fashion and spending time with friends.
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.