What Holiday Cookie are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The best, yet sometimes dangerous, part of the holidays is the constant amount of treats. From the start of the holiday season to the beginning of the New Year, we are always snacking on a new cookie recipe. It is such a common habit that perhaps it’s the underlying factor of some of our New Year’s Resolutions. We all have our favorite treat from gingerbread to frosted sugar cookies, but which ones align with your zodiac sign? Well, keep on reading to find out how your personality would be as a holiday cookie! 

Aries (March 21 – April 19) Chocolate Peppermint Cookie 

Aries starts off the beginning of the zodiac, so what else could accurately represent them than a chocolate peppermint cookie? Peppermint is the go-to flavor for the holiday season, so when you see that ingredient, you know why. It’s a bold taste that is sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit!

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) Shortbread Cookie 

As an earth sign, Taurus is grounded in what is practical and reliable, and what is more reliable than a classic shortbread cookie? You can’t go wrong with what you know and, like a Taurus, a shortbread will also be a stable sweet. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) Macaron 

Like a Gemini, Macaroons have two sides: they are delicious and creative, but they are also technically difficult to make. They also literally have two sides as well! 

Cancer (June 22 – July 22) Gingerbread Man Cookie 

Cancers are all about their emotions, and this cookie is all about nostalgia. When you see this cookie, all you can remember is making your own gingerbread men as a kid during the holidays. It was, and still is, a fun family activity that brings people together. 

Leo (July 23 – Aug 22) Frosted Sugar Cookies

What could fit a Leo’s creative personality more than a decorative holiday sugar cookie? Leos love to be cheerful and humorous, which can be shown through colorful frosting designs. 

Virgo (August 23 – Sep 22) Chocolate Chip Cookie 

Virgos are naturally loyal; this is the perfect cookie to fit a Virgo’s personality. No matter what, you can always count on a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie to bring joy to the holidays.

Libra (Sep 23 – Oct 22) Coconut Macaroon

This light and airy cookie represent pure harmony and bliss, which is exactly what a Libra strives for. A coconut macaroon has a balanced flavor that works so well and that everyone can enjoy. All a Libra wants is for everyone to be able to share in all the holiday traditions!

Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21) Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie 

Blossom cookies are a popular holiday tradition that you can find the recipe on the back of a bag of chocolate chips. Tradition is one of the biggest holiday qualities, so a passionate and assertive Scorpio will want to make sure this cookie is included in the season. If you ever get stuck with the question of what cookie to make for the holidays, a resourceful Scorpio will point you to a blossom cookie.

Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21) Rainbow Cookie

Sagittarius are known to be big travelers — always curious to find new meaning in things. Rainbow cookies are an Italian tradition that a Sagittarius would love to discover more about and share with their friends. 

Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19) Snickerdoodle

Capricorns are responsible, disciplined, and realistic. Snickerdoodles are a cookie that do not typically stray away from the original recipe. Though its flavor is unique, there aren’t any other flavor styles to this cookie. Like the control and responsibility of a Capricorn, this cookie knows all you need is some cinnamon and sugar for the perfect treat.

Aquarius (Jan 20- Feb 18) Thumbprint Cookie 

This cookie perfectly matches the many layers of an Aquarius’s personality. On the outside of this cookie is the shy outer shell, while the filling is an opposing eccentric jelly center. When you take a bite, you get the perfect balance of both sides.

Pisces (Feb 19 – March 20) Snowball Cookie

This cookie has a gentle look reminiscing a fluffy snowball, which matches the artistic style of a Pisces.  Everyone loves these treats so this is also a perfect cookie to represent a friendly Pisces. After all, holidays cookies are meant to bring people together; you can always count on a Pisces to be there to help others. 

Even though we all have that one cookie that represents us, it doesn’t mean you can’t try out all these amazing holiday treats! This list can perhaps be a great inspiration for what you can bring to your next holiday party. Now, from reading this article, if anyone asks what you would be as a holiday cookie, you can answer it no problem! 

Samantha Zecca

Wisconsin '20

Samantha is currently a junior studying retail and consumer behavior with certificates in entrepreneurship and digital studies. If she's not at the library, you can find her sitting at the memorial union terrace or trying out a new restaurant in Madison. Samantha is originally from New Jersey, but her favorite place to be is NYC going on day adventures either seeing a Broadway show, shopping, or visiting museums. From the midwest to the east coast, she has a lot to share.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!