Weekly Workout: Working With Paper Plates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

You’re going to need two paper plates for this one! This is a different way to work your muscles, and trust me, you’ll feel the burn big time!

Side Lunge

Place the paper plate under your left foot.  Squat down, sliding your left food straight out to the side, squatting as low as you can. As you stand back up, slide the plate back in. 20x each leg

Back to Front Lunge

Place the paper plate under your left foot. This is just like a regular back lunge, but instead of stepping back, slide your left foot back until your in a lunge position. Make sure your front knee isn’t past your toes. Then, as you stand back up, slide your left foot directly into a front lunge. Repeat 20x each leg

Bridge with Hamstring Curl

Place a paper plate under each foot and lie on your back with your knees bent. Lift your hips into a bridge position, making sure your body is in a straight line. Staying in bridge position slide your heels closer to your butt. As you lower back down, slide your feet back out. 30x

Pikes

Place a plate under each foot and get into plank position on your hands, body in a straight line (butt down!). Keeping legs straight, use your core to pull your feet towards your hands so you’re forming an upside down V. Then slide feet back out into plank position. 10x

Mountain Climbers

Place a plate under each foot and get into plank position on your hands. Slide one knee in towards your chest, and as you slide in back out pull the other knee in. Repeat this movement as fast as you can but with control. 40x

Repeat sequence 2 more times.

Now go kill that workout! 

Katie McDonough is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and is currently undecided about her major. She's a fitness junkie from downtown Chicago who spends much of her time reading blogs. She is a soon to be brother of the service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega and is studying to become an ACE personal trainer and/or group fitness instructor. Some of her favorite things include TurboKick, dancing, pizza, her golden retriever Buddy, reading blogs, and watching trashy tv with her roomie!