Weekly Workout: On the Track

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This is an awesome interval workout meant for a track, but if you can’t get to the track then you can make it workout outside or on the treadmill too. It would also work well with friends because I can barely do this one on my own! This one is tough so push through!

Warm up:

Jog 400m

Skip 200m

Grape Vine 200m both sides

Work 1:

400m Run

25 Pushups

25 Dips

Repeat 4x

Work 2:

200m Run

80 Walking Lunges

Repeat 4x

Work 3:

100m Sprint

100m Walk

Repeat 4x

Ending abs:

1 min Plank

10 Supermans w/ 3sec hold

30 Russian Twists

10 V-ups

40 Bicycles

1 min Plank

12 Supermans

50 Russian Twists

15 V-ups

60 Bicycles

1 Min Plank

Stretch

You got this!

Katie McDonough is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and is currently undecided about her major. She's a fitness junkie from downtown Chicago who spends much of her time reading blogs. She is a soon to be brother of the service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega and is studying to become an ACE personal trainer and/or group fitness instructor. Some of her favorite things include TurboKick, dancing, pizza, her golden retriever Buddy, reading blogs, and watching trashy tv with her roomie!
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com