Ways Shonda Could Make Grey’s Anatomy Brilliant Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I am one of Grey’s Anatomy’s most die-hard fans out there— honestly. I have watched 10 years’ worth of episodes in mere weeks; I have taken off Thursday nights so as not to miss a single moment; and I have managed to find a Grey’s reference for absolutely everything. Probably only my love for Harry Potter could rival my obsession for Grey’s. However, these last few seasons have been disappointing to me and many others I’ve spoken with. Though I continue to watch every episode as the devoted fanatic that I still kind of am— but definitely once was, I just really don’t care nearly as much anymore. With these sad thoughts, I have brainstormed a few ways for Shonda to bring back the Grey’s Anatomy I knew and loved.

1. Just kidding everyone, McDreamy is NOT dead!

This was one of the cruelest things Shonda could’ve ever done to us. I feel like my life is now a little more empty without him. Need I say more? I guess Derek and Meredith were also only the most adorable couple ever, so I suppose I miss that too. I mean seriously, the way he looked at her… #relationshipgoals.

2. Cristina is coming back.

Let’s be honest, Meredith’s life has been less than wonderful. Although her new half-sister and sister-in-law are great, no one compares to Dr. Yang. She really needs her person. Plus, I miss her badass attitude— such an inspiration.

3. McSteamy and Lexie actually survived the plane crash, got married, and have a perfectly adorable family.

Fine, I may be stuck in the glory days of the series, but I still feel the pain from when Little Grey and Sloan were killed in the plane crash. Together they made up one of my favorite couples. That is not to mention that Sloan was by far one of the funniest characters. I sincerely appreciated his humor… and his McSteaminess.

4. Karev and Wilson actually get married.

He loves her, and she loves him. I don’t understand the problem… besides her already being married and all. Whatever, they’re cute.

5. Here at Grey-Sloan Memorial, we do actually practice medicine and perform surgeries.

I may be biased because I’m a total medical nerd, but there are significantly fewer interesting medical cases in the current series. And when they finally do have something cool, they barely focus on it. It’s basically a soap opera. Honestly, when I want shallow drama, I watch The Bachelor (just so you know I am a huge fan and I rarely miss an episode— I’m still sure Ben is my soulmate, and Lauren is to just pass the time. That’s all.)

6. Hunt and cute blue-eyed Australian actually get along.

I was getting annoyed with how long their argument had dragged out before we actually knew what happened. Also, I’m definitely not sure how I feel about Meredith being with blue eyes. (Also this could get weird because McDreamy is obviously coming back. Duh, Shonda wouldn’t let us down.)

7. April and Jackson get back together.

This absolutely has to happen because they’re made for each other. 

8. PLOT TWIST: Meredith doesn’t have half-siblings.

Lexie and Maggie are great, but I sincerely hope that they disappear. I’m beginning to get confused with who’s related to whom.  

These are just a few things I think would help Grey’s be restored to its glory days. And I look forward to the new season with the due diligence of my obsession. Happy watching!

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

I am a freshman at University of Wisconsin, Madison from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm studying Neurobiology and Spanish with the hope of attending medical school one day. I love food, fashion, coffee and traveling! My dream place to travel to is India. I plan on living in Seattle, Washington when I grow up!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!