The Ultimate Mifflin Outfit Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Spring is in the air! Or is it? We’re all wondering if the weather will actually cooperate on Madison’s biggest spring darty of the year, Mifflin. If you can’t think of anything to wear besides the classic flannel-tank top-jeans-Converse combo, here’s a couple helpful tips to combat whatever Mother Nature has in store!

If it’s raining…

Since we can’t all look as glamorous as Beyoncé in the rain…

1. Rain Jacket

If you’re going to be outside all day, you might as well stay dry! Also, the chances of someone spilling on you are pretty high; so maybe you should consider wearing a waterproof layer regardless!

2. Rain Boots

It’s going to be a wet, muddy, beer-soaked and disgusting mess out there! Why ruin a good pair of shoes when you can just throw on some rain boots? Even if it’s not raining, rain boots don’t look half bad with a dress either!

3. Baseball Hat

Mifflin starts early, and let’s face it: if it’s raining, your hair is just going to get ruined anyway! Rock your favorite baseball hat to protect your locks!

4. Skip the Umbrella

Please, please, please don’t be this person! There are going to be so many people in attendance; you’re just going to end up hitting everyone with your umbrella because it’s constantly in somebody’s way.

If it’s jean jacket weather…

The flannel-tank top-Converse look is not the only common look; the jean jacket-tank top-black pants-black slip-on sneaker combo is, too. Since it’ll probably be jean jacket weather for Mifflin, consider these outfit variations so you and your squad don’t all end up wearing the same exact outfit! (True story: My friends and I basically all wore the same thing on St. Patrick’s Day…along with basically every other friend group that we encountered.)

1. Pop of color!

Who says jean jackets have to be exclusively blue denim? There’s a jean jacket in about every color you can think of, so why not got a little wild? Considering how hot the denim trend is now, you can get away with wearing a Canadian Tuxedo without looking like you’re wearing denim on denim…

2. Fun Pants

Invest in some funky printed pants and make them the key piece of your outfit! Not only will you be comfortable all day, you’ll also be showing Mifflin the true fashionista that you are!

3. Dress or Skirt

Fingers crossed it’s warm enough for this look!

If it’s below *ugh* 50 degrees…

If the sun is out, then it probably won’t feel that bad. If the sun isn’t out, though… ugh.

1. Vest

It may be the end of April, but that doesn’t stop the weather from being unreasonably cold. Still, it probably won’t be cold enough for a full-length coat, so a vest with a cute sweatshirt or flannel underneath will probably be warm enough.

2. Skip the Winter Accessories

While it may seem unbearably cold when it’s 50 degress out, I promise it won’t be cold enough for hats, mittens or scarves. Although, mittens might come in handy when you’re trying to keep your hands warm while holding a cold drink…

3. Heavy Shoes

Rain boots, duck boots…anything but tennis shoes! Once your feet get cold, there’s no going back — especially if someone spills all over your feet!

If it’s above 70 degrees…

Can we all just take a second and hope that this is the accurate forecast for the weekend?

1. Summer Clothes!

Embrace your inner Coachella girl and go crazy! If the weather is this nice, your outfit possibilities are endless! Maybe you’ve been waiting for the exact moment to break out a killer crop top you bought during winter; maybe you’ve been waiting since Spring Break to show off your tan. Whatever the case, take in every second of this beautiful weather, and have fun with all the summer outfits you haven’t been able to wear in over six months!

If it’s Snowing…

Stay home and watch Netflix. Mifflin will come around again…

Rain or shine, snow or sunshine, this guide has got you covered! Share this with your male friends too; they might need a little break from their stereotypical sports jersey, backward hat, khaki shorts and high socks anyway!

Hi, I'm Abby Coppens, a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and Retail. In my free time, I really enjoying hanging out with my friends and family, doing homework, biking, and reading. I'm the biggest friends fanatic on the planet. Go Badgers!