The Ultimate Christmas Music Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The holiday season is without a doubt the best time of year, and what better way to celebrate than with Christmas songs?  If you’re anything like me and utterly obsessed with Christmas music and start listening to it by the socially acceptable date (November 1st), I hope you enjoy this playlist.

1.     ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ by Mariah Carey

2.     ‘White Christmas’ by Bing Crosby

3.     ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham!

4.     ‘Wonderful Christmastime’ by Paul McCartney

5.     ‘Blue Christmas’ by Elvis Presley

6.     ‘Mistletoe’ by Justin Bieber

7.     ‘Feliz Navidad’ by Jose Feliciano

8.     ‘Happy Xmas (War Is Over)’ by John Lennon

9.     ‘Grown-Up Christmas List’ by Amy Grant

10.  ‘Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree’ by Brenda Lee

11.  ‘I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas’ by Gayle Peevy

12.  ‘Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays’ by *NSYNC

13.  ‘My Only Wish (This Year)’ by Britney Spears

14.  ‘O Holy Night’ by Celine Dion

15.  ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)’ by Mariah Carey

16.  ‘The Christmas Song’ by Nat King Cole

17.  ‘A Marshmallow World’ by Dean Martin

18.  ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ by The Pretenders

19.  ‘Santa Clause is Comin’ To Town’ by Bruce Springsteen

20.  ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas?’ by Band Aid

21.  ‘Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let it Snow!’ by Dean Martin

22.  ‘Step into Christmas’ by Elton John

23.  ‘Hey Santa!’ by Carnie and Wendy Wilson

24.  ‘What Christmas Should Be’ by Hilary Duff

25.  ‘Silent Night’ by Stevie Nicks

Bonus: ‘Text Me Merry Christmas’ by Kirsten Bell—By no mean does this song deserve a spot on my favorites list, but I think it’s the most hilarious Christmas song I’ve ever heard and I think it deserves a listen.

Christmas music is the heart of the season, and it always provides cheer to the most wonderful time of the year! Just remember that soon the season will be over, but for now…

Hi, I'm Abby Coppens, a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and Retail. In my free time, I really enjoying hanging out with my friends and family, doing homework, biking, and reading. I'm the biggest friends fanatic on the planet. Go Badgers!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!