This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Let me be upfront: I am a shameless lotions addict.  Roughly 70 percent of my money is spent on beauty products in general and the vast majority of those beauty products are composed of an unnecessary, but divine, lotion collection.  I do not trust people who disapprove of buying lotions in mass quantities.  What is there to hate about that? Each lotion bottle moisturizes, gives off a blissful fragrance, and pampers your skin in a slightly different way.  That being said, only using one or two lotion brands is not enough.   Use this guide below to broaden your lotion horizons, so to speak, and dive into a nirvana of smooth skin and sultry scents. 

Pacifica Body Butter

As affordable as it is hydrating, Pacifica Body Butter can be purchased at drug stores and high-end beauty stores alike.  It is produced in a variety of scents, such as Hawaiian Ruby Guava, Island Vanilla, and Indian Coconut Nectar, and each tube has an aesthetically pleasing design surrounding the Pacifica logo.  For a timeless scent, you can never go wrong with the Island Vanilla. 

Hempz

Hempz lotions are designed for normal skin. They are made with shea butter, vitamin E, and hemp seed oil, an ingredient that not only serves to condition and moisturize one’s skin, but also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well.  Hempz lotions can be purchased in-store at Ulta or online if you wish to browse the selection from the comfort of your home with a cup of coffee and credit card in close proximity.  This gem of a lotion has fragrances ranging from pomegranate to vanilla bean.  My personal favorite is the grapefruit and raspberry lotion.  It smells heavenly, and it is available in a small tube for on-the-go convenience. 

Victoria’s Secret Body Care Passionflower Hydrating Body Lotion

The Victoria’s Secret body lotions are among some of my favorites.  I was not surprised in the least that the new lotion collection contained the usual Victoria’s Secret Cotton Moisture Complex (a key hydration ingredient), as well as passionflower to calm irritated, weatherworn skin.  It smells delightful and is as lightweight as it is moisturizing, thus not allowing the annoyance of unwanted residue to be left behind.  Use many times a day for the best results. 

Bath and Body Works Italy Collection

I may be a tad biased, because Bath and Body Works may as well be my second home.  It’s a mecca to the sense of smell, and it’s a puzzle how someone is able to even catch a whiff of a particular scent, while surrounded by a plethora of others.  Though, as a whole, one cannot go wrong with any product from Bath and Body Works, the newest Italy Collection presents an array of extraordinary scents that instantly teleport you to Rome or the Almalfi Coast, among other exotic Italian destinations.  The scents in the Italy Collection include Mediterranean Blue Waters, Seaside Pink Jasmine, and Italian Citrus Sun.

Rituals lotions Originally a Dutch beauty company, Rituals products have spread to other parts of Europe, such as London, Barcelona and Lisbon.  When I was in Holland visiting my cousin, I was ecstatic to discover Rituals and its line of lotions.  The lotions at Rituals are varied in purpose and type.  In particular, I recommend the Rituals hand creams.  With varying scents and uses, such as Ginkgo’s Secret hand balm, miracle balm and happy hands, Rituals is a lotion addict’s mecca. 

KleanSpa

As the name suggests, this brand has a clean, lightly fragranced aroma.  The KleanSpa lotion is made with twenty percent shea butter from Africa and the results are marvelous.  Though the KleanSpa lotions come in a wide variety of scents, such as Blue Hawaii and Ginger Tea, my personal favorite is the lavender cream.  After using it, it feels as if you are walking through a lavender field during a summer in France. 

Tony Moly

I have tried countless Tony Molly products and have never been disappointed.  From body lotion to hand cream to foot cream, Tony Molly is an innovative Korean beauty line with products delivering superb results and grateful skin.  Not only are Tony Molly products infused with unconventional ingredients like papaya, green apples and fresh vegetables, but also the packaging is aesthetically pleasing.  An apple-scented body cream will come in an apple-shaped container and banana foot creams will look like actual bananas.  I recommend stopping at the nearest Urban Outfitters and stocking up on at least four varieties of fruit hand cream.

With countless lotion brands to choose from and varying purposes per brand, it can be overwhelming to know which types are right for you.  Keep this list in mind as a mere starting point to a path of lotions luxury.  Shop on!

My name is Caroline Szachnowski and I am a writer for the Her Campus University of Wisconsin chapter. I am a junior majoring in creative writing and international studies with the aspiration to be a professional writer and/or editor post graduation. My hobbies other than writing include learning and speaking foreign languages, traveling, reading, frequent shopping binges, going to the beach whenever possible, volunteering, and drinking way too much coffee.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!