Trend of the Week: Rocking the Baroque

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

In the midst of New York Fashion Week, I’ve started to notice a few trends that are going to be very popular this fall. A popular trend stores like Asos, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters are starting to carry is the baroque look: idyllic patterns that resemble the Renaissance era. Here’s a few realistic ways to wear this new trend. 

This look incorporates the baroque print with another fall fav, the peplum. For a boarderline summer, but mostly fall look try using dark colors and rough looking accesories to give it that punk look. 
In this collage: Top- misselfridge.com ($42)

Ready for a fabulous girl’s night out? Spice up your routine look of a black skirt and sparkly top, with a baroque inspired one. This top calls for bold accesories and makeup. Don’t hold back when you wear prints like this.
In this collage: Top – romwe.com ($39)

The typical UW Madison girl look during the school week includes leggins, boots, and a comfy sweater. Take this look to the next level and try out the super fabulous baroque inspired leggins. Their comfy and fashion forward! Pair it with your usual casual pieces with a little rocker edge. 
In this collage: Leggings missguided.co.uk

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com