Trader Joe\'S
Trader Joe\'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Life > Experiences

Trader Joe’s Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The five things you need in your next grocery haul

Since coming to college, Trader Joe’s has been the only place I grocery shop. As an avid lover of TJ’s, there are many things that I think everyone needs to at least try, and here are a few.

1. Organic French Baguette

The iconic Trader Joe’s baguette is one thing that I really can’t leave the store without. It’s perfect to pair with cheese, turn into mini pizzas or have as a side with soups and pasta. I think that everyone needs a TJ’s baguette in their pantry.

2. Fresh Bruschetta Sauce

This sauce is out of stock every other time I go to TJ’s, so anytime I see it on the shelf, I always stock up. It goes well on top of a baguette, on toast with some balsamic glaze, or as a pasta sauce. It’s fresh and versatile and is a staple in my fridge.

3. Unexpected Cheddar Cheese

I am obsessed with this cheese. I’m someone who doesn’t often just snack on cheese, but I can never manage to keep this one in my fridge for longer than a few days. It is another perfect addition to the TJ’s baguette, would be great on a charcuterie board and is good enough to even eat on its own.

4. Chipotle Vegetable Quesadillas

These quesadillas are my favorite easy meal to make after a long and busy day of classes. You can heat them up on the stove until they’re nice and crispy or you can just throw them in the microwave for two minutes and they’re done. They’re stuffed with black beans, corn, cheese and a chipotle sauce and should definitely be a part of your next haul.

5. Dark Chocolate Ganache Mini Sheet Cake

This is my favorite sweet treat to pick up at Trader Joe’s. It makes me feel a little bit extra checking out with a literal sheet cake for myself, but I still need to get it every other time I go. My friends and I will literally take a fork straight to it anytime we’re watching movies together because it is just that good.

As a biweekly Trader Joe’s shopper, there are many things that I have to get every time I go, but these five products are definitely my favorites. Whether you’re looking for the perfect addition to your next meal or your new favorite dessert, you need to add these to your cart the next time you’re there.

Jenna Trucke

Wisconsin '24

Hi! I'm Jenna and I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Political Science and Journalism on the strategic communication track. In my free time, I like love reading good books and spending time with my friends.